Tuesday, May 8, 2012

 I've had a busy few weeks, and haven't had time to draw much at all, so I've been making up for lost time.

These are only a couple of the pieces I've been working on. The girl was drawn on "Painters Paper" I bought a huge roll to do my floor, and ended up with loads left over. I like working on it. It's really inexpensive, very resistant to wrinkling from paint, doesn't bleed with markers, and is pretty resistant to creasing.....It's really nice, but terribly dark!
Ths second piece is done on leftover old newsprint from my Days at Gnomon (Man, I can't believe how long it's been) Anyway, I sketched it out, inked, and painted it, then decided it needed a little something extra, so, I scanned it in, and plotted out the lettering around him, and then put the piece through the printer to get the letters around him.....Kind of a lot of effort for a sketch, I'll admit, but I really like how it came out, and now I know how to do it for future works, so it works out all over.
I also decided to re-draw one of my own digital works in traditional media. Again, I used the Panter's paper ($10 for 60 sq.ft. at HomeDepot!) This is how it came out: I'm pretty happy with it. I again used the scan-and-print method I devised earlier to ad the blue behind the subject of this piece.


I've also been working on a couple of commissions and contract pieces, but I'm not yet allowed to share those, stick around though, maybe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment