Saturday, April 9, 2011

It started years ago.......

Hello. My name is Bryndon, and I am a writer, and an artist. As of today, I am 25 years old. Growing up, I wanted to draw Comics.....My mind, and direction of my life were changed at the age at 16, when I met my good friend, Bob Nelson who told me that Concept Design was a better career move; So, a couple years later, at 18, I sold my car to pay for tuition, packed up my skateboard, and left for GNOMON, School of Visual Effects in sunny Hollywood.


I studied there for a while before leaving for personal reasons. A few years later, I attended The Concept Design Academy, in Pasadena. I was incredibly dedicated, and learned SO MUCH; It was mind blowing! What I didn't get however, was a whole lot of criticism about my conceptualizing skills (Which it turns out, I NEEDED.) It would take a few years, and a lot of REJECTION by EVERY company I applied to, before I decided to go BACK to school. -This time I attended FuturePoly in Seattle, and met my teacher, and pal Horia Dociu...who made me think that maybe Concept art wasn't my real calling.....


-A couple of years ago, I had an Idea for a story, a month ago I began turning it into a Comic.


The Comics industry is an entirely new world for me, so I thought it would be a good idea to shift this Blog from my portfolio, to a place to log my new experience.

" So here's us, at the ragged edge."

5 comments:

  1. oh no! i failed you and led you down the path of dankness. good luck with your comic man, i look forward to seeing some groovy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Come on now, I didn't mean for it to sound like that! If It weren't for you, I wouldn't have done anything with my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i'm just ribbin ya. i'm just honored to be so credited :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to hear a bit about your path to where you are now.
    I was reminded of something a friend of mine told me about how everything someone experiences will affect what you do now, whether directly or indirectly. I look forward to seeing how what you've learned at CDA, Gnomon, or Future Poly benefits your pursuit in the comic world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Britney, I hope you will enjoy the comic as much as I am enjoying making it!

    ReplyDelete